Custom Brake Pads
Please call us at 949-548-4470 for any question about custom made pads.
Porterfield brakes offers custom manufacturing of brake pads. We create brake pads in variety of shapes and compunds. If you need a brake pad identified you may fax an outline of the pad. Please include an overall length measurement if possible we will identify it and call you back with a part number, price and availability.
We can fabricate nearly any shape of brake pad in any of the brake compounds we offer. Porterfield Carbon Kevlar, Raybestos, Hawk Brake, or Performance Friction Carbon Metallic brake compounds.
- Pad Shape: This refers to the outline shape of the brake pads metal backing plate. We do also need the position of the material in relation to the top of the backing plate.
- Pad Thickness: This measurement consists of the total thickness of the brake pad including the steel backing plate.
- Pad Length: In some cases this is used in order to clarify a particular pad shape. The length measured is tip to tip of the brake pad steel plate at its longest point.
- Pad Height: Viewing the brake pad horizontally the height is measured from, the bottom edge of the steel backing plate to its highest point.
- Pad Depth: This measurement is important when calculating placement of the caliper for mounting. The brake pad material is measured from the
top outside radius to the bottom inside radius.
Race caliper upgrades for street vehicles
With competition calipers being used in many aftermarket brake upgrades kits, it’s very common that only competition material is supplied with the calipers. You end up with great calipers but the brake material is not working at its optimum for high performance street use. We have realized this and are proud to offer you the best quality and largest variety of high performance street compounds, suitable for everyday street use for your AP, ALCON, BREMBO, LOCKHEAD or WILWOOD type competition caliper brake kit. If you have any other type of racing caliper in which you require a street material, we have it available.
Below is a list of various exotic makes we supply with both street and racing materials.
Abarth, A.C. Aston Martin, Austin Healey, Datsun, Ferrari, Fiat, Jaguar, Lancia, Lotus,
Maserati, M.G., Morgan, Opal, Renault, Rover, Saab, Sunbeam, Triumph, Vauxhall, Lola
Cobra, Formula 5000, Can Am, Formula 1, Indy Cars, Formula 3000.
ATE, Bremtek, Dunlop, Girling, Kelsey Hayes, JFZ, Lockhead
If you are using any of these calipers in vintage racing or any racing or street applications
we can supply the pads.Ferodo DS-11 or 2459 compounds are still available in various part numbers.